This recipe is of our good friend Alison Ternent.
- 3 cups of loosely packed fresh basil
- 1/2 to 2/3 of a cup Olea EVOO
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (skip in case of allergies)
- Place basil, oregano, garlic and pine nuts in a food processor. Pulse until relatively finely chopped.
- Add the cheese and process again (scrape down bowl if necessary).
- With food processor running, add olive oil through feeder tube (or just pour it in all at once slowly if your machine deosn't have a feeder tube).
- Process until you have a thick smooth sauce.
Recipe is really flexible: more or less of anything is not a problem, adjust to your personal taste. For a smoother sauce, process more; for a rustic sauce, process less.d