- 10 medium size or two large whole uncut squids (calamari)
- 1 cup Olea EVOO
- 1 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped italian parsley
- 2 chopped red peppers
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon red hot pepper (e.g. cayenne pepper)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Olea sea salt, black pepper
- Preheat oven at 375oF.
- Clean the squids, and chop the tentacles in small pieces.
- In a large pot under hight heat, mix the olive oil with the onions (onion and scallions) and the cut tentacles, salt and pepper. Keep mixing till all the water from the squids has been evaporated.
- Take it out of the heat and mix with the rice, parsley, chopped red peppers, ketchup and the hot pepper.
- Strain the mix and keep the juice.
- Stuff the calamari with the mix and place them in a deep oven pan.
- Mix the juice from step 5 with the lemon juice and the white wine. Pour over the stuffed squids.
- Bake for 1 hr.
- Serve hot or cold. You can also freeze them before baking if you prefer to cook them later.