- 1/4 cup Olea EVOO
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 ounces slab bacon, finely chopped
- 2 16-ounce cans of tomatoes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Olea thyme
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Olea sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 box fettuccine noodles
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Heat olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat until hot. Add the onions, celery, carrots, and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are translucent.
- Increase the heat and add venison, beef, and bacon, stirring often.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, and thyme. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon of Olea olive oil and 1 tablespoon of salt to the water. Add Fettuccine to the water for about 12 minutes or until al dente.
- Add heavy cream and nutmeg to the sauce. Simmer about 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and place the noodles on 4 to 5 plates. Top the pasta with the sauce. Divide the Parmesan cheese among the plates and serve.