Traditional Greek Salad
- 6 large tomatoes on the vine
- Olea Gold EVOO
- Olea Kalamon (Kalamata) Olives
- 1 long english cucumber
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- Greek feta cheese (we suggest Dodoni) in large pieces
- White balsamic vinegar
- Olea sea salt and Olea oregano to taste
- Cut the cucumber in half moon slices or for a unique appearance cut whole cucumber lengthwise in 4 sticks and then slice in 1 inch pieces. Cut the onion and combine with the cucumber. Drizzle with white balsamic vinegar and set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes in bite size pieces. Cut the green pepper in thin slices. Drain the vinegar from cucumber and combine the tomatoes, cucumber, pepper and onion in a clean bowl.
- Grind some Olea sea salt to taste and crumble Olea oregano. Toss the salad before you add olive oil, so that the salt and oregano stick to the vegetables. Serve the salad on a dish or use the mixing bowl.
- Add sliced fresh basil, drizzle with Olea Gold, and add feta crumbles on top. Dress with a little additional Olea Gold for color on the feta and a bit of Olea oregano. Finish with a bunch Olea Kalamon olives.
- Enjoy a delicious refreshing salad with some fresh bread for dipping and a chilled glass of wine (we suggest Assyrtiko) or a cold brew!!!