Lagana (gr. Λαγάνα) is a traditional Greek bread that is made when the great Lent starts, before Easter. Very easy to make!!
- 1 lbs 5 oz all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Olea EVOO
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 pinch of sugar
- sesame seeds
- 300 ml warm water (not hot)
- 1 pack of dry instant yeast
- Mix yeast and sugar in a bowl with some of the water. Make sure all the yeast is dissolved and let it set for 5 minutes.
- Pour the flour in a big bowl, and in the middle pour the yeast mix, water (where previously you have dissolved the salt), olive oil.
- Start working the dough with a spatula.
- When is well mixed continue working it by pulling it and folding it again. The longer you do it, more fluffy the lagana will be.
- Let it rise in a warm environment or in a bread proofing oven for 1 hour or till it doubles in volume.
- Split it in 3 parts and spread it with like you do a pizza dough. Put the dough in a well oiled pan, drizzle with olive oil and sesame.
- Bake at 392oF for 30 minutes.